1. What is Changing in July?
- Starting in July 2023, all new purchases of SOLIDWORKS Desktop CAD licenses (Perpetual, Term, Standalone, or Network) will include Cloud Services as part of the subscription.
- All new SOLIDWORKS Desktop Perpetual licenses (CAD, Simulation, PDM, etc.) will require a minimum of two years of subscription.
- In order to ensure the continued delivery of the quality products, all new Perpetual & Term license subscriptions of SOLIDWORKS Desktop CAD products will experience an uplift in price.
Visit this page to learn more about these changes coming in July.
2. What happens after two years if I do not renew?
After two years, you may choose to renew annually. However, if you choose not to renew, your Desktop license will be Perpetual; but you will no longer have access to Cloud Services for CAD, version upgrades, and support.
3. What is included in Cloud Services?
- Collaborative Industry Innovator
- Collaborative Designer for SOLIDWORKS
For each new license (Standalone or Network), one named user will have access to Cloud Services. Cloud Services will be included with SOLIDWORKS Standard, Professional, Premium, as well as with SOLIDWORKS Premium with Simulation Packages.
4. Does this change affect new and existing clients purchasing new licenses?
Yes, this is for new and existing clients purchasing new licenses.
5. Does this change affect SNL licenses (SOLIDWORKS Network License)?
Yes, the July changes are for both Standalone and Network licenses.
For example, if you purchase 50 licenses of SOLIDWORKS Desktop CAD, you will have 50 Cloud Services Named User licenses for the duration of the subscription.
6. Does this change affect 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS?
7. I am a client on active subscription. Can I upgrade to SOLIDWORKS with Cloud Services?
Yes, you can upgrade your subscription to include Cloud Services.
8. I am interested in upgrading to SOLIDWORKS with Cloud Services. Do I have to upgrade ALL of my licenses (Standalone or Network)?
No, you don’t have to. You can upgrade any number of licenses you choose.
9. I am an existing SOLIDWORKS Desktop CAD client. Can I renew without Cloud Services?
Yes, clients with existing licenses on active subscription or Term licenses can continue to renew without Cloud Services.
10. Can I have licenses with and without Cloud Services on the same SNL network?
11. My company doesn’t work with cloud solutions, can I still buy SOLIDWORKS?
Yes, we have options available to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
12. If I choose to upgrade my SOLIDWORKS Desktop subscription to the SOLIDWORKS + Cloud Services Subscription, can I revert back to the original Subscription without Cloud Services?
13. After July, if I want to upgrade my SOLIDWORKS Standard license to SOLIDWORKS Professional or SOLIDWORKS Premium, can I do that?
Yes, you will have to upgrade to the new SOLIDWORKS + Cloud Services – with a minimum of two years of subscription in each case.
14. After July, if I want to upgrade my SOLIDWORKS CAD Desktop license from Standard to Professional anytime after the initial purchase, can I co-term the upgrade with the initial purchase?
Yes, you can co-term any upgrades on licenses purchased after July 2023.
Please note the co-term of upgrades is only available on licenses purchased after July 2023. Upgrades on any licenses purchased prior to July will have to pay a minimum of two years of subscription.
Still have questions?
Please contact your software sales representative for further inquiries or call 800-454-2233.
- Read more about cloud services and what the integration could look like for you.
- Learn more about the changes coming in July here.
Meet the Author