Target Your Specific Needs with CFD Analysis
Our Simulation Engineering Consulting team specializes in forms of CFD testing.
With our CFD analysis capabilities, we can simulate liquid and gas flow in real world conditions, run “what if” scenarios, and quickly analyze the effects of fluid flow, heat transfer, and related forces on immersed or surrounding components.
Fluids of interest for analysis range from air, water, liquid chemicals, and gases, to others such as plastic melts.
Our CFD Analysis can target your specific needs through a variety of techniques using SOLIDWORKS Simulation, SIMULIA, and/or Abaqus software. Our team of Simulation Design Engineers save time and can share a wide range of experience and apply it to your product design. Areas of expertise range from:
- Radiation heat transfer analysis between different temperature surfaces. Need solar radiation calculated? Our experts can help. Need conduction and convection heat transfer? We're here to assist.
- Internal flow analysis of liquids and gases through common elements such as valves, regulators, and ducts.
- Rotating reference frame analysis for understanding complex rotational flows inside turbo machinery.
Customer Success Story – Nyloc
Nyloc came to GSC in an effort to better understand the spray pattern of their paint guns. They were seeing a situation where they were not getting an even spray out of the gun and they wanted to have GSC help them investigate if their design contributed to the problem.
Using CFD analysis, GSC was able to provide Nyloc an in-depth understanding of how the paint particles were distributed as they flowed through their spray gun.
GSC services provided Nyloc the following benefits:
- Detailed understanding of their design that would not have been achievable through traditional testing methods.
- Decreased development time due to virtual prototyping.
- Confidence that their design was not contributing to the problem and that the problem most likely was due to an another outside factor.
Additional CFD Services
There are many unique and interesting ways to simulate specifications during the product design and testing process. External flow analysis of liquids and gases around solid bodies is very common. With any product solving moving gases or liquids from point A to B, let our team help with setting up specific use cases.
- External flow analysis of liquids and gases around solid bodies.
- Turbulent flow analysis using the K-E model to illustrate flow domain turbulence.
- Real gas simulation for accurately solving high-pressure or low-temperature gas applications.
- Compressible flow analysis for gas flows in subsonic, transonic, and supersonic speed zones.
- Calculation of pressure drop on pipes using surface roughness values.
- Design optimization using CFD-based flow and dimensional parameters.
- Flow analysis of non-Newtonian fluids.
- Moving wall flow analysis for studying flows relative to a moving reference frame.
- Cavitation analysis for identifying areas in a model where cavitation will occur.
- Humidity analysis for calculating relative humidity inside enclosures for climate control applications.