Simulate how melted plastic flows to avoid effects like warpage, on parts. Gain mold cooling optimization. Change mold geometry, processing conditions, or the plastic material to eliminate potential defects.
Allow CAE analysts and mold designers to analyze mold cooling line layouts and predict molded part warpage. Includes Professional plus advanced simulation functionality.
- Optimize cooling system design to minimize cycle times
- Design simple or complex mold cooling line layouts
- Optimize part mold design, material selection and processing parameters to reduce warpage
Designers and injection mold makers gain an accurate, easy-to-use method for optimization. Includes Standard capabilities.
- Quickly create single-cavity, multi-cavity, and family mold layouts, including sprues, runners, and gates
- Balance runner systems and estimate cycle time, clamp tonnage, and shot size
- Optimize feed system design and avoid costly rework
For plastics part designers, optimize parts in the early stages of design.
- Modify designs at the same time you optimize for form, fit, and function
- Fully embedded within SOLIDWORKS CAD environment
- Easy to learn and use
- Analysis of Fluid Flow and Thermal Fluid
- Thermal Comfort Factors
- Electronics Thermal Management
- Simulation Visualization
Run “what if” scenarios, and efficiently analyze the effects on immersed or surrounding components. Intuitive tools like CFD (computational fluid dynamics) enable you to simulate realistic liquid and gas flow with real-world conditions.
Companies across the Midwest, like GE, are comparing design variations to make better decisions about superior performance. Driven by engineering goals, CFD insights informs your technical decisions through a concurrent engineering approach.
Add-on tools for detailed analysis include:
- HVAC Module: Offers additional simulation capabilities for advanced radiation and thermal comforts analysis
- Electronic Cooling Module: Offers electronic virtual models and an extensive materials library for cooling simulation
LCA & Unique Tools
Gain a screening-level life cycle assessment (LCA) of the environmental impacts of your full design. Diverse tools in SustainabilityXpress (parts assessment, alternative materials search, and environmental impact dashboard) let you assess using parameters such as transportation mode and distance, assembly energy, and use-phase energy consumption.
Use flexible inputs, or perform time-dependent environmental comparisons using the varying lifetimes of different designs.
Assessments, Visualizations & Reporting
Assessment results are saved for each design configuration. The Assembly Visualization tool ranks the impact of the parts in your assembly to pinpoint and reassess sustainability. Seamless integration and automatic report generation allow you to quickly communicate.
Sustainability uses the gold-standard GaBi LCA environmental impact database from PE International. Download updates as they become available. Request new LCA datasets for your custom materials and processes as a premium service in partnership with PE International.
- Sustainable Design
- GaBi Environmental Database and Environmental Impact Dashboard
- Automatic Sustainability Report Generation
- Material Optimization
- Assembly Visualization
- Screening-Level Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)