PCB Design Collaboration
Bi-directional updates between schematics and 3D models
Staying competitive in today’s market requires the highest degree of collaboration between your mechanical and electrical design teams. SOLIDWORKS PCB brings this collaborative element to focus with seamless workflows. It combines the latest PCB design features with a user-friendly interface and integration with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD to let you get your PCBs done timely and on-budget.
SOLIDWORKS PCB Rookie Camp: Shortcuts & Fundamentals
If you’re just getting started in SOLIDWORKS PCB, you’ll have questions about many of the features. Online documentation is available for browsing and reading at any time. However, if you need an explanation on functionality or features on the fly, you can hover over any item on a document and press F1 to go straight to the online documentation for that feature! Let’s get more information on wiring...
- Integrated Collaboration with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD: This PCB was created specifically for collaboration with your mechanical design team. Find integrated design data and managed workflows.
- Intelligently Connected Design Data: Your design data is more intelligently connected to mechanical workflows. Make changes to your design in either environment, and see those changes immediately reflected.
- ECAD/MCAD Project Collaboration Server
- Parasolid Support: Mechanical enclosures and component body links; model visualization in Native 3D
- Copper Analysis: Thermal, vibration, and mechanical
- Enhancing Your Existing Workflow: We’ve engineered PCB to integrate seamlessly with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD, so you can keep using the tools you know for mechanical and work on the electrical design side. Existing workflows remain separate but in sync.
- Managed ECO Change Process: Keep everyone on the same page. Any change made in either PCB or SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD is captured and pushed to the other design environment instantly.
- Managed Lifecycle States: Manage lifecycle states for component models. Freely place component models on your board in SOLIDWORKS PCB without waiting for the model to be completed. When it’s ready, an updated model will be instantly added to your board layout.
- MCAD Integration: Mechanical designers can now make changes to board shape, component placement, and mounting holes in their own design environment, and then send those changes over.
- A Proven PCB Design Engine: Backed by more than 25 years of R&D experience, this engine provides all the features you need. Powerful routing tools and clearance checking options keep your designs in-sync with manufacturing constraints.
- Interactive Router: Single trace, push, etc.
- Real-Time 3D Clearance Checking: Visualization in Native 3D
- Differential Pair Routing: Fine tuning for precise signal lengths
- Comprehensive Design Rule Checking: Real-time design checking and violations immediately highlighted
- Streamlined Schematic Editor: This editor gives you the tools you need to get your schematic out of your head and into reality. Take advantage of real-time component supply chain information and a powerful rule checking system to keep within layout constraints.
- Hierarchical Multi-Sheet Design: Logical file organization
- Electronic Rule Check: Customizable connection matrix lets you trigger which errors get highlighted
- Library Management: Components and schematic templates for re-use with simple drag-and-drops
- Integrated Design Environment: The schematic editor and PCB layout engine are one integrated environment that shares a common interface. Finding features you use most often is easier than ever.
- Managed ECO Change Process: An ECO change process with a detailed ECO history
- Version Control: Recorded user design changes and time stamps, with specific change logs recorded
- High-Performance Design: With today’s complex designs, it becomes more important to have the high-performance tools at your disposal. Tackle complicated design processes more easily with intelligent tools.
- Pin Swapping: Swap out pin configurations in seconds.
- Component Placement Rules: Define specific rules (i.e., user-defined height and clearance requirements)
- Supplier Links: Data links to real-time supplier information including pricing and component availability