Rules-based machining with increased programming capabilities.
SOLIDWORKS CAM Professional builds on the capabilities of SOLIDWORKS CAM Standard to increase programming capabilities.
- Assembly Machining: Easily define multiple parts and fixtures, ensuring proper collision avoidance.
- Turning: Single turret turning is supported. Users can also take advantage of Automatic Feature Recognition, Knowledge-based Machining, and configurations.
- 3+2 Milling: 4th and 5th- axis pre-positioning is supported, allowing for fewer setups while performing -2.5- axis milling operations.
- High-Speed Machining: SOLIDWORKS CAM Professional uses VoluMill intelligent toolpaths which offers:
- 50% to 80% reductions in machining cycle times.
- Up to 75% savings on cutting tool costs.
- Reduced wear and tear on equipment due to smoother transitions in toolpaths.
SOLIDWORKS CAM combines design and manufacturing in one application with an easy-to-use interface.
Rules-based machining without leaving SOLIDWORKS.
SOLIDWORKS CAM Standard allows users to quickly program individual parts without leaving the SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD environment. You have full access to defining rules within SOLIDWORKS CAM to create and build to company standards.
- Recognition of any updated geometry as the model changes.
- Assign machining strategies based on recognized features.
- Update machining strategies if a design’s tolerance changes.
- Establish part setups and catching design errors to optimize manufacturability.
- Quote estimates quickly using Automatic Feature Recognition.
- Edit post-processors and back plot programs, using included tools, to ensure the code works right the first time, every time.