Simplify development of embedded electrical systems for machines and other applications.
SOLIDWORKS Electrical schematic design capabilities simplify development of embedded electrical systems for machines and other applications, with single-line and multi-line schematic tools for planning your electrical systems.
An integrated library database provides thousands of symbols and more than 500,000 manufactured parts for use in your design. Speed up development by copying and reusing common circuit segments within a project or to other projects.
Meet the experts
Teams can work concurrently to reduce development time, and automated management tools streamline design of complex PLC connections. You can easily generate drawings, wire lists, “From-To” lists, and other documentation for manufacturing.
Use your SOLIDWORKS Electrical schematics in SOLIDWORKS Electrical 3D, with bi-directional linking that captures design changes in both the schematic and the 3D model in real time.
- Dynamic context-sensitive user interface: provides only the commands that make sense based on where you are in the design process.
- SQL database architecture lets multiple users work on projects concurrently
- Copy-and-paste circuits enable reuse of designs across projects.
- Direct import of existing DWG™ and DXF™ symbols with existing attributes and connections.
- Customizable symbol and macros palettes for the most frequently used symbols and saved circuits.
- Fully automated generation of PLC schematic, terminal strip drawing, and support documents.
- Generate DWG, DXF, and PDF documents for projects, with extensive archive capabilities.
- Integration with SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional to manage documents, generate reports, and create PDF and DWG exports (SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional sold separately).
Collaborative Electrical-Mechanical Development
Work on the same project simultaneously in real time.
Multiple electrical and mechanical engineers can work on the same project simultaneously using SOLIDWORKS Electrical.
Electrical Component and Symbol Library
Easily locate approved components.
Extensive library of industry-standard schematic symbols and a database of manufacturer parts.
Electrical Harness Design Planning
Create a virtual “design in-place” electrical harness development environment.
Auto-route a schematically defined electrical harness in the SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD model, simplifying harness development while eliminating errors.
Powerful, easy-to-use solution to integrate electronics into electro-mechanical designs
Readily implement schematically defined electrical systems into the SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD model.
Simplify repetitive tasks.
Traditional schematic creation tool with simplified user interface simplifies repetitive tasks.
Schematic Annotation and Documentation
Real-time annotation, documentation, and reporting.
Powerful, easy-to-use annotation, documentation, and reporting solution that incorporates the power and ease of DraftSight®, seamlessly integrated into the SOLIDWORKS Electrical collaborative design environment.